Written By Brent Totty. Brent Totty is an LA-based personal trainer, nutritional consultant, private chef and owner of the health and nutrition focused @VOLVapp.
Omega 3 fatty acids are incredibly important for brain and digestive function in the human body. Being part of the Western World, we are exposed to refined seed oils in most dishes that we come across at restaurants. We are in a constant battle against inflammation, and Omega 3 fats are your go to source to fight against inflammation based depression, ADHD and heart disease. This recipe brings a healthy dose of omega 3 fats as well as plenty of monounsaturated fats in the form of avocados. Topping the dish with lemon zest adds a powerful detoxifying agent, great for both internal and external beauty.
2oz Wild Caught Smoked Salmon
1. Pre-freeze a lemon (you should keep one wrapped up in your freezer at all times for zesting!)
2. Slice Avocado lengthwise into four pieces
3. Gently wrap each slice of avocado in smoked salmon
4. Squeeze fresh 1/4 lemon over top of the fish
5. Use a microplane on the frozen lemon to top with fresh zest
For more fitness inspiration, and delicious/nutritious meals follow Brent at @BrentTotty