We all enjoy some skin love, and we just could not think of a better way to love our skin than with this detoxifying and lifting facial massage. Facial massages increase blood flow, aiding the lymphatic system to flush out waste and toxins to keep your skin fresh and clean, both inside and out. Facial massages also boost blood circulation, delivering more oxygen to the cells, which helps increase collagen production.
One of our favorite things about this detox and face lifting massage is that it incorporates your skincare regimen, so it’ll really take your results to the next level.
Benefits of a Face Massage
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Relaxes muscle tension in the face
- Stimulates blood circulation and lymph flow (eliminating toxins)
- Helps lift and tone muscles
- Gives skin an instant glow
How To Give Yourself (or Loved One) A Face Massage
- Make sure to prep your skin first.
- Start with clean hands and clean skin. Wash your hands and cleanse skin to remove all makeup with a gentle cleanser.
- Choose a good facial oil. Avoid anything synthetic that can clog pores.
For dry or sensitive skin
For oily or acne prone skin
Detox & Face Lifting Massage Instructions
- Prep clean skin with the Rubica Hydrating Toner by spritzing liberally to face, neck and décolleté.
- Mix a quarter size of the Blue Butterfly Balm and Organic Omega Oil in your hands to warm, then apply to the entire face, neck and décolleté in tapping/pressing motions.
- Begin with upward motions moving your hands up your neck and back towards your ears and lymph nodes in firm strokes.
- Move your hands up to the jawline and continue with big lifting circles on the jawline and cheeks.
- Add small circular or zig-zag motions around the mouth to smooth lines.
- Lift the entire face by moving hands all the way up your face, and then back down the sides of your neck to drain toxins, finishing at the clavicle.
Added Methods For Specific Areas
- Parentheses (nasolabial lines) – push up and hold or pinch upwards, then continue stroking back towards your ears and down to drain.
- Cheeks – one hand at a time go up toward the temples.
- Midline (middle of face) – push up to eyebrows and round the forehead. You can be firm, be intuitive and see what feels good.
- Eyes – start with pushing the brow upwards in circular motions to lift the eyes, and continue motion towards the inner eye, draining at inner corner lymph nodes.
- Crows feet and eleven lines – massage side to side, and out, like a zigzag to erase tension and frown lines.
You can perform this massage in as little as 3 minutes, or repeat movements and extend it to 20. It’s up to you. Whatever you choose, your skin will look and feel refreshed and vibrant. Enjoy!