“It’s all about great follow-up and trust.”
Asking for help can be intimidating, especially for something personal. This is why Christine loves her job (it also doesn’t hurt to be working out of the Sonya Dakar Skin Clinic in Beverly Hills). As lead Skin Expert for Sonya Dakar, she’s spent years helping people improve their skin as well as their confidence. By building a sense of trust, she’s developed a deep connection with many of her longtime customers.
We asked Christine about herself, her workday and her thoughts on beauty.
1. What inspired you to get into the beauty business?
I’ve always had a passion for beauty and started off in the haircare industry over 15 years ago, which got boring because it’s hair and there’s only so much you can do to it. Skin care was much more interesting because of the issues that people have with their skin. I’m a problem solver and it was a better match.
2. How did you begin to work with Sonya Dakar?
I started at the SD Corporate Office and have been with the company for over twelve years now. It feels great to have spent over a decade working with a company that has such a large footprint on the skin care industry.
3. What does your day to day look like?
I start my morning by reading and answering skin-consultation requests submitted from the Sonya site. Then, I follow up with customers who have recently ordered to see how their skin is and how the Sonya regimen is working for them so we can make adjustments if needed. I also answer emails from people who have questions about products. Overall I’m engaging our customers throughout the day.
4. What makes you passionate about the Sonya Dakar brand?
5. What is your personal favorite Sonya Dakar product and why?
Omega Polish is my favorite…there’s nothing like it on the market. I’ve tested other similar products and although I don’t have sensitive skin, I’ve had negative reactions from other lines. Ours is so gentle and the Activator really helps the Polish glide rather than irritate the skin. It leaves my skin soft, smooth, and bright!
6. What do you love most about working at Sonya Dakar?
We’re like a big family… I also love the relationships that I build with Sonya’s clients.
7. Tell us about a great success story you had with one of your customers?
A younger man called in about four to five years ago with severe acne. He had tried other lines and had been using one brand for the last year before we spoke. I analyzed his skin and we talked about what he can do to improve his acne. I also recommended he try a few Sonya Dakar products. He started clearing up within the first week. It wasn’t an overnight success as he did have some breakouts still along the way, but HE’S COMPLETELY CLEAR now and continues to send me pics of his beautiful ACNE-FREE skin!
8. How did you manage to develop a great relationship with many of your customers?
Great follow-up and trust.
9. What do you think customers are most in need of when they contact you?
People need to order their staples, but they also want to know what’s missing/how they can boost their existing regimen. Skin is constantly changing and so should your regimen.
10. Reaching out for help can be intimidating, what can you tell those who are not sure if they should do it?
I’m here to advise…I love to help but only if my help is wanted. I never pressure anyone and try to keep the process as organic as possible. I want customers to feel happy and good about their purchases and results.
11. What is the most interesting skin care tip that you have learned while working with Sonya?
Cleanse and moisturize properly and use the products that are right for you. These are the most important two things you can do for your skin!
12. What excites you the most about the brand’s future developments?
We have some exciting products launching and I’m always thrilled to be looping our customers in on the latest and greatest from Sonya Dakar.